Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced
Are there location restrictions?
Posted by mzomaya46 
Are there location restrictions?
November 28, 2017 04:05PM
From what I read, you can get channels from all around the world in many different languages. My concern is that some of the shows I watch here in the US may not be covered. I know some countries simply will just block out programming for certain shows and I think the US may be one of said countries to do this. Are there location restrictions on channels and if so - How do I know where to find them before paying for anything?
Re: Are there location restrictions?
December 05, 2017 11:38AM
Its not uncommon for streaming services to use geotracking software to restrict content from being viewed in certain countries. This is usually due to content right issues. But most streaming services I know provide global access with a few exceptions mostly to international films. As for finding out the exact location restrictions of the streaming service you might choose, I would recommend calling and asking directly.
Re: Are there location restrictions?
December 05, 2017 06:03PM
allendaniel685 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its not uncommon for streaming services to use
> geotracking software to restrict content from
> being viewed in certain countries. This is usually
> due to content right issues. But most streaming
> services I know provide global access with a few
> exceptions mostly to international films. As for
> finding out the exact location restrictions of the
> streaming service you might choose, I would
> recommend calling and asking directly.

Ah okay, good to know. I was under the impression that I would be getting screwed out of programming that airs in the US because of their own restrictions. I mean, I am in the country but I have read people saying it happens with older programming and some new programming.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login